Thursday, June 18, 2009

Third Weekend

The BBQ was a lot of fun. The really good news was that I decided to take a shot in the dark and see if dogs were allowed on the T, and indeed they were during off hours at the drivers discretion! This allowed me to take Sierra to the BBQ with me. So Sierra and I hop in Will's car and head over to Russell's. Russell has a very nice setup, with a nice fenced in backyard. He also has a pretty scary 5 pound chihuahua that immediately tried to show Sierra whose house this was. It took Sierra all of about 4 seconds to set Chavez straight and ordered was established. They actually became pretty good buds pretty quickly. Sierra even let him drink from her water bowl.....that is big time in Sierra's book. I guess when you weigh 14 times more than another animal, you make some concessions.

The food at the BBQ was so good. I myself had a couple burgers and some steak tips. Sierra found some suckers to give her a fair share of meat as well. She spent the afternoon doing laps around the yard, finding shade to lie in, and finding young ladies that she knew she could puppy face into marinated meat. Flip cup again broke out, and the natural order of the Southern boy at the top was quickly established. The BBQ started winding down around 9, and plans were formulated for going out. Sierra and I of course had to head for the T to get her home.

We get on the T and we are getting all kinds of looks. Sierra is exhausted and immediately lies down at my feet. She doesn't move the entire ride, including when people pet her. I get three main types of looks. 1) That is a cute dog, can I pet her? 2) What the....you can bring dogs on the T? This kid is crazy 3) Holy crap look at the person killer. She is terrifying. Look how she lies down and sleeps!!! Run!!

We get off the T and Odom and I decide I will walk Sierra home and then potentially meet up. Little did I know that the stop we chose to get off on was about 2-3 miles from my apt. Sierra is not really in the mood for a 3 mile walk, but off we go. I arrive home about 45 minutes later, Sierra goes immediately to her place and crashes. I sit on the couch and wait for Odom's call. After a while, I decide it is probably best to just call it a night. My dog and I are both exhausted, and it is like 11:30. A wonderful day! Meats, beverages, my puppy, and good company....can't ask for much more. I get up around 2:30 to greet the girls as they come home. Sounds like I didn't miss a whole lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment