Thursday, June 18, 2009

Third Week

The exciting part of my third week here is that I will get to go to Fenway three times this week! Last night, I hopped on the 57 bus about 6:00 to head down to meet Shawn and Brian (UNC friends) for the Red Sox-Marlins game. Walking into Fenway, it is hard not to be at least slightly overwhelmed. I did indeed get some goosebumps, and I of course took some pictures. It isn't that the stadium itself is overwhelming, it is just pretty neat to think about how old the stadium is and just how much history it holds. I couldn't help but think about Yaz, Fisk, Ortiz, Mo Vaughn....anyways, the history is so great, and it really is a cool stadium. Tingly sports feelings are pretty sweet (like when I think about Coach Paul Johnson).

We have seats in the RF bleachers, and they are perfect. While the seats are small, the view is great. I got some good pictures from our seats that I will post later on. Shawn was actually able to get Odom and myself the same seats for Friday night, so that should be perfect. The Red Sox score 5 in the 4th to pull away including a Big Papi homerun that lands about 8 rows in front of us. I believe this was also the first Big Papi homerun of the year that did not receive a curtain call (kind of embarrassing). I of course had to get a beer and a Fenway Frank to complete the experience.....both delicious. The bus ride home sucked due to traffic, but overall an amazing first experience at Fenway. Also, I hear that Smoltz is gonna be a starter, so I will be able to go to games in the future knowing that I will definitely see him play. That is good news, as I am in love with that man regardless of the color of his jersey. Also, the bus ride home was a nice mix of young red sox fans and 55 year old women as the Earth, Wind, and Fire concert let out at the same time as the game. Awesome

Randy comes in town Thursday morning. We are heading to Fenway to see the Braves on Friday. I get to go back to Fenway on Sunday to see the Braves again, which is awesome. Other than that, just gonna enjoy the amazing weather and hopefully catch some of the Open. Also, gonna head down early on Friday so that we can go to Game On and/or Baseball Tavern before the game. I want to get on the roof at Baseball Tavern.....

Drew

No comments:

Post a Comment