Saturday, June 13, 2009

Saturday Morning Wicked Weather

Woke up this morning with an extra kick in my step. I took Sierra on a walk around the block and came to the conclusion that the weather literally could not be any better. I would not tweak it in any way if I was able to. It is about 74 degrees, with a nice breeze, not a cloud in the sky, and the sun is shining bright. Sierra was an absolute saint on the walk. A little girl came up to pet her and pretty much ride her, and Sierra was amazing with her. I took a couple pictures of our street and the main drag. We got a BBQ planned at Russell's house (Will's coworker) in Sommerville. A bunch of TJX invitees and me. I really have enjoyed Will's group so much, they are so much fun.

They have a company softball team that is 0-5. They have been mercy ruled every game until Wednesday. On Wednesday, I went out to watch them, and they played by far their best game this year. They went up 4-0 in the first inning. The bad news is that they didn't score another run all game. The good news is that they actually played a bit of defense, and they were playing the nerds from "data control." About half of these guys were playing in denim of some sort....jean shorts, jean jackets, jeans....When a man walks up to the plate in denim, I do not really fear him. The TJX team has a ridiculous amount of girls on the team, which isn't exactly the key to co-ed softball. However, it is the key to really funny trash talking. It was 4-4 in the bottom of the 7th with two outs and guys on first and second. In this league, you get 5 balls before you walk. The douche at the plate took 7 straight pitches and walked.....on top of that, since there was a girl behind him, the guy on second got two bases. A walkoff walk....we waited for him in the parking lot. You don't walk in softball. Data control....clavin. Oh well, the team was ecstatic. 25 cent wings at Fridays quickly healed any wounds they had.

Work is still kicking ass. I got to build a huge compensation model from scratch this weekend that I presented to my boss and a lady in HR. They loved it, so I get to present it next week to the VP of Copy and the VP of HR. I am very anxious....but it should be awesome, and it will be great exposure. Overall, everybody at work has been great, and I am really enjoying what I am doing. Hope all is well in the dirty south! Gonna go enjoy the wicked aahsome weather.....retahded aahsome.

Drew

No comments:

Post a Comment